1. Leaving the skin on grate the apples.
2. Place in a bowl with the apple and lemon juice.
3. Place the mixed peel, sultanas and raisins in boiling water for 15mins. Remove and save the water.
4. Drain all the juice from the grated apple and mix with the water from the sultanas.
5. Mix the rest of the ingredients with the apple except the cornflower.
6. Mix this properly and shape into little 6cm patties.
7. Over medium heat melt some butter in a frying pan and slightly brown the apple rostis, place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15mins at 180¢ªC.
8. Place all the juice in a sauce pan and reduce, thicken with cornflower.
9. Serve rostis warm with vanilla ice cream.