At Douglasdale Dairy, we offer the stability and trust of yesteryear in an age of constant change.
Our farm was founded by Mr Thomas Douglas and his wife, Janet Alexander, in 1890. After establishing the farmhouse in 1905, the family began producing milk in the 1930s. A decade later in 1940, they began retailing their milk and hand delivered 240 bottles of milk a day. In honour of their influence over the local community, the Douglasdale area was named after them.
In the late 1970’s, the Dairy was changed to focus on the processing and distribution of Dairy Products and the milking of cows on the farm was stopped.
We now source our milk from the Eastern Cape, KZN & the Highveld Regions.
We service over 6000 customers daily into the Gauteng, North West, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and Northern Free State Province.
The Dairy is still operated on the very land it was started on in 1905, and the passion for delivering fresh, quality products that started the dairy all those years ago, is still found in every corner of the farm and within its people today.