1. Cut pods in half lengthways and scrape out seeds.
2. Mix egg yolk with sugar until fluffy and white.
3. Heat Douglasdale Milk, Douglasdale Cream, liqueur and vanilla seeds.
4. DO NOT BOIL!!! Using a fine mesh strainer remove the vanilla seeds from the mixture.
5. Add the milk mixture into the egg and sugar bit by bit stirring constantly.
6. Place over a double boiler stirring until you have a custard consistency.
7. Never let it boil.
8. Process through your ice cream machine until set. If you do not have an ice cream machine, allow to set in the freezer for 8 hours. Beat into a smooth texture when icicles form in the setting process.
BRANDY SNAP BISCUITS
1. Place sugar, syrup and butter in a pan and boil until light brown in colour.
2. Remove from the heat and add flour, mixing constantly.
4. Spread the mixture on a well oiled oven tray in rounds of 4cm.
5. Bake in the oven at 200C (390F) for 5mins. Remove from the baking tray and allow to cool.
6. Tower the ice cream between the biscuits or crumble them over the ice cream.